New Parent? Treat Yourself! 10 Self-Care Tips for Exhausted Mums
If you are a new mum, then you know that taking care of a baby is a lot of work! Not only do you have to worry about keeping your little one fed and clean, but you also have to take care of yourself. It can be hard to find time for yourself when you are so busy, but it's important that you make time for self-care. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 ways that mums can treat themselves after having a baby.
- Take a break: Whether it’s for an hour or a weekend, taking time away from the baby and giving yourself some “me time” can really help to rejuvenate your mind and body.
- Pamper yourself: It doesn’t have to be expensive! Having a bath with essential oils, or giving yourself a manicure and pedicure can help to give you the little boost of confidence that every new mum needs.
- Get out of the house: Going for a walk or just taking some time away from your home environment can really help you clear your head and provide some much needed mental stimulation.
- Talk to someone: Talking to a friend or family member about what you’re going through can help you feel more supported and understood. Our friends at Friendly Dummy offer a community for parents to connect, support and form new friendships.
- Exercise: Even just 15 minutes of exercise such as walking, yoga or stretching can do wonders for your mental health and energy levels.
- Make time for yourself: Whether it’s reading a book, watching a movie, writing in a journal or taking up an old hobby again – make sure to set aside some time each day that is just for you!
- Eat well: Eating healthy foods will give you the nutrients you need to keep your energy up while also helping to boost your self-confidence and mood. If you're time poor, ordering a pre-made meal service can really help.
- Get enough sleep: It can be hard to get enough sleep when you have a baby, but it is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Schedule in fun activities: Having something to look forward to each week such as dinner with a friend or seeing a movie can help make life feel more manageable and enjoyable. Or even try out our date and paint box. It offers you a chance to reconnect with your partner whilst having some fun.
- Invest in yourself: Treating yourself doesn’t need to cost money – investing some time into learning something new or taking up an old hobby again can benefit your mind and give you the break you need from the daily stresses of parenting.
Thanks for reading! We hope that you found these tips helpful and that you are able to make time for yourself as a new parent. Self-care is essential, so remember to treat yourself right!